ISIS Militant Group - Tin Leg Position Statement
Update: This information has been moved to our Current Event Information Centers. For up-to-date information regarding this, and other current events that affect travel, please visit: https://www.squaremouth.com/current-event-information-centers/
The Current Event Information Centers are designed to keep travelers informed about current events that may affect international travel and the travel insurance industry. The Information Centers are populated with provider position statements, FAQ’s, and travel warnings and are updated by Squaremouth’s team of industry experts.
Please contact customer service for more information. We are available by phone at 1-800-240-0369, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and by chat until 9pm EST.
Increasing conflict involving ISIS Militants in the Middle East has some travelers concerned over potential impacts to International and Domestic travel.
Currently, Tin Leg Economy, Standard, and Luxury policies offer Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverage if a terrorist attack affects travel plans.
In order for an attack to be covered, it must meet the following requirements:
- Occur after the policy is purchased
- Be deemed an act of terrorism by the U.S. Department of State
- Result in the complete cessation of travel services at the point of departure or destination for the below specified amounts of time:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 48 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 24 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Occur within 7 days of your departure
- Occur within 50 miles of a city listed on your itinerary
If an event occurs that meets the above definition of “terrorism”, Tin Leg policies may no longer offer coverage for any losses related to the attack on policies purchased on or after the date of the attack.
Please contact Tin Leg with any questions at 844-240-1233, we are delighted to answer any additional questions.